Tuesday 31 July 2012

Introduction: Sally Corbett



My name is Sally Corbett and I am currently in my second year of studying a Bachelor of Teaching (Primary/Middle) at University. I have always been passionate about teaching, learning and education, as I believe the most powerful asset you can give a person is knowledge. I believe that teachers play a crucial role in the lives of all children and that it is our responsibility and duty to help students reach their full potential. This blog will focus on key components of education including language and literature, as through these topics students are able to learn about and understand aspects of the world through texts.


Throughout my childhood I was passionate about reading and enjoyed spending hours in my room reading books, which is where I believe my love of children’s books has come from. I am now able to read the books I once innocently read with a more critical perspective and develop a deeper understanding of the meanings and intentions of the stories. I am an extremely visual person which is why I think I am drawn to picture books, as they have the ability to simulate your mind and imagination and allow you to follow the authors thoughts whist forming your own. I have always found comfort in books, especially picture books, as throughout my childhood I was able to relate to the characters and relationships described in the stories, which allowed me to engage with the stories on a much deeper level. 

 

I look forward to developing my knowledge and understanding of language and literacy throughout this course and working collaboratively with my peers. I believe all students should be exposed to the knowledge, skills and experiences language and literacy offers. Therefore I hope to increase my own understanding in order to be able to ignite my future students love of literature.

No comments:

Post a Comment