Wednesday 5 September 2012

Hamish Fletcher Introduction Post


My name is Hamish Fletcher and I am studying a Bachelor of Education (Primary Middle). This degree allows us to specialize in two learning areas for the upper year levels that we are training to teach. These two areas I have chosen to major in are Mathematics and Science.

I am passionate about becoming an educator and believe it is important to deliver rich, relevant and interesting learning experiences to all students, regardless of skill level and academic ability. I believe that educators are placed in a highly influential role where they have the opportunity to impact upon students lives for the better, and provide them with unique experiences and knowledge.


During my youth I enjoyed reading adolescent novels by Judy Bloom, R.L. Stine, and Morris Gleitzman. I am looking forward to learning and absorbing the fundamental literacy and language techniques and components that will be covered in this course. It will be fascinating to see how these techniques are employed with my favorite authors to get a better grasp of their writing style.

I enjoyed reading the work of Gleitzman and Bloom because of their humorous writing style and comedic appeal. I enjoyed reading Stine's 'Goosebumps' series because I favored the mysterious style that was employed into the story line which kept me reading with intrigue.

I look forward to undertaking this course and gaining a better understanding of the main concepts of language and literacy in relation to becoming an educator. This will enable me to have a much deeper understanding of literacy and language concepts, giving me the knowledge to effectively teach this topic to my future students.     

No comments:

Post a Comment